Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Picking Party

It's sweet corn time in the Mitten! August is one of my most favorite months here. It's still summer, the weather is great and the sweet corn is ready for some eatin'. Last Sunday, we headed to my dad's to pick some corn (in addition to every vegetable known to man, my dad also grows his own corn), and in true dad-fashion, we came home with waaaaay more than we could eat. So, my dad explained the blanching process to me so that I could freeze some and then have on hand during the winter months, and I've been up to my ears (ha ha- get it) in sweet corn ever since. We had a lot of fun spending the day in the country with my dad and Mary, and Kaia and Boomer did, too. I love when I get a chance to let my city dogs loose!

A quick swim and a run through the woods to burn off their pent-up energy.



Family picture :)


Pic some good ones, babe!





Totally tuckered out after a day's play.



Six quart sized baggies, and about three dozen ears left to shuck, blanch and bag!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics of you guys. Looks like everyone had a great time. Great job on the corn, Missy. Love, Mommy

    ReplyDelete