Saturday, August 14, 2010

Canoe Weekend

I had an absolute blast being up north last weekend with my man and my very best friends. Nothing like spending a few days out in the woods with your favorite people- away from jobs, babies and responsibilities. We go up every year, either the last weekend in July or the first weekend in August. Canoeing, sitting in the river, eating, drinking, sitting around the fire, sleeping in the bunkhouse- I look forward to this weekend all year long. And this time, Sarah came up with the idea to have a weekend-long scavenger hunt. The plan was to team up with whomever you rode with. In our car, we had the Hamel's, which, as I mentioned before, I was pretty excited about because Elesa is as competitive as Ryan and I. Each team was responsible for making a team shirt, coming up with a team name and taking pictures of the tasks on the list. I admit- my team talked some serious smack beforehand. Remember, we're a pretty competitive bunch. But, unfortunately, once we got the adult beverages in hand, we put accomplishing tasks on the back burner. It was a great idea by Sarah, and I think we'll even do it again next year.

A few pics from my awesome weekend...

Scavenger hunt task: Get a team member's name next to a sign with his/her name on it. This one was literally a block away from my house.

With Elesa. Team name: Balls Deep. Team Motto: All or nothing. (Told you we were competitive!)


Scavenger hunt task: get a picture of a far-away license plate.


Scavenger hunt task: get a teammates picture with a mullet. I think we should get bonus points for not one, but TWO mullets ;)

Team Balls Deep with Team Roneldo, sporting team attire. We left that morning at different times and from different places, but met up at a bar/restaurant on the way up.

With Tracey and Carmen. The weather was perfect in the evening for long sleeves and a fire.

Stef with her husband, Aaron. They both work at a TV station in Cadillac. Stef is a producer, and Aaron is the evening Sports caster. The Mills' always get in around 2am on the first night because of 11:00 news. When signing off, Aaron always gives the group a shout-out, and you better bet we are inside watching. It's tradition. It's how we roll.

Sarah and Jen. These two have been friends since kindergarten. Their parents are even good friends who vacation together.


One morning waiting for breakfast. Kody and Pinky always cook it on the flat top griddle outside.


Striking a pose with Tracey- it's her husband's (Kody) family cabin. They are PERFECT hosts.

The whole group- all 17 of us. Heading out for a day of canoeing.


With my Texas friend, Carmen


LOVE these girls. Mitten Kittens forever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment