Monday, August 30, 2010

Downtown the Roak, German Park and Family

My mom stayed with me all weekend, and we had a blast! She was at my house waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday, and of course she was doing mom stuff like washing the windows I ignore and wiping down the vent from the bottom of the refrigerator. I mean, who thinks of cleaning that thing other than a mom?! After a couple of hours sitting around and catching up, we decided to have a girls' night out downtown Royal Oak, or, as I affectionately call it, the Roak. We met up with my friend, Melissa, and had fun touring some local spots.


Say Spacebook! We're both caught here in the middle of a huge, genuine laugh.

With Melissa and Mom.

Senior-picture pose.

Next up was German Park, an Ann Arbor summertime tradition. It's a party held in a private park on the last Saturday of the month during June, July and August. Food, music, buckets of beer- just a whole gathering of people celebrating summer and having a good time out in the middle of nowhere. I can remember my mom and her friends going when I was little. I've also been there before years and years ago with my mom, aunts and uncles. On Saturday, a group of us met at the park and enjoyed what was probably the most perfect nights of the summer weather-wise.


With Leigh, Jennette, Mom and Tracey.


On Sunday, we headed to Manchester to celebrate Marti's (Ryan's mom) birthday. We like to spend time at their house on Sundays. It gives us time to get away from city-living for the day and let the dogs loose, and catch up with family. Plus, any time we get to spend with his adorable niece and nephew is fine by me. Sure, I may be a little biased, but aren't they just two of the cutest kids you've ever seen? LOVE them! We had a great time, ate well, and laughed a lot. The kids caught frogs with Alicia (one of Ryan's sisters), and stood still just long enough for me to snap a few pics. Of course I made the mistake of proclaiming my fear of frogs (don't EVEN get me started), so don't think I wasn't tortured a few times.

So curious!

Taylor, in all her adorableness.


Look- frogs! (gag me)

With Wes and Taylor.


I love the weekends! And looking forward to the long weekend coming up. I found out today that C-E is closing at 1pm on Friday, and of course we're closed on Monday. Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. LISA! I miss that beautiful, smiling face of yours!!!!! You look like you're loving life :)

    ReplyDelete