Monday, April 30, 2012

here a bird, there a bird

The Hubs loves to feed the birds, so when we were visiting my dad a few weeks back, we scored some bird feeders to hang from our trees. One feeder I wanted needed a new glass pane, so my dad fixed it up, and dropped it off last week.

 Yesterday...

I found the perfect tree, visible from our family room window.


Added the seed.


And hung the feeder. (Daisy helped :)


Since the birdies are such piggies, this whole feeder will be emptied by week's end. From Cardinals and Woodpeckers to my Grandma Herschelman's favorite, the Chickadee, it's fun to see the many different types of birds that land to stuff their beaks. 

Growing up, bird feeders were placed outside a window in just about every room on our main level. And at our family's cabin in Northern Michigan, putting birdseed out was the first task completed upon arrival. So it's fun to now have a home of my own with trees that beg for a feeder. Next up, finding a feed store that sells seed in bulk!

No comments:

Post a Comment